Welcome.

Welcome to everyone reading through the New Testament in 2007. Each day, there will be a new post for the day's reading. You are invited to share your thoughts about what you've read, by adding comments to that post.

If you'd like a PDF version of the Introduction/Outline to Revelation, click here.


Friday, January 19, 2007

Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani? Mark 15.

Are there any harder words in the Bible than Jesus' cry, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" Hard words for us, in the hard times when we feel abandoned. Harder words for us, when we realize He uttered them on our behalf, because of things we've done that separated us from the Father.

These words Jesus spoke are the beginning of Psalm 22. For 20 long, despairing verses, David cries out for rescue, until finallly, in verse 21, he declares triumphantly, "You have answered me!" As I read these words of Jesus, I realize that they are the Father's answer to any sense of abandonment I might experience &ndash He has not abandoned me; He has rescued me.

What would you like to share from Mark 15?

No comments: