Welcome.

Welcome to everyone reading through the New Testament in 2007. Each day, there will be a new post for the day's reading. You are invited to share your thoughts about what you've read, by adding comments to that post.

If you'd like a PDF version of the Introduction/Outline to Revelation, click here.


Monday, January 01, 2007

Cure for the Summertime Blues.

This post is available for comments about your summertime activities. Just add a comment if you'd like to share what you've been up to this summer.

And who, you ask, could be blue during the summer? Well, someone who has to work, when others are on vacation. The song, Summertime Blues (1958), was performed and co-written by Eddie Cochran. It's one of the more covered songs of rock and roll. The story in the song, is about a teen whose lack of money and parental insistence have forced him to work. Bummer.

I'm gonna raise a fuss, I'm gonna raise a holler
About a workin' all summer just to try to earn a dollar

And the guy can't go on a date, doesn't have time for much of anything but work, and like those of us in the 5x5x5 class, doesn't see his friends on a regular basis. But you can share here, what you've been up to. Give us a cure for the summertime blues.

The Who's version of the song is probably the most well-known, although artists as diverse as James Taylor, The Beach Boys, and Bruce Springsteen. The version I remember best was performed by Blue Cheer.


Sometimes I wonder what I'm a gonna do
But there ain't no cure for the summertime blues

3 comments:

hook said...

It's me, and my summer will be filled with time on the job-search, time at the pool, time with the grandchildren, and time for the blog.

Sarah said...

My summer has brought all sorts of changes! I'm in Cairo now, trying to adjust to my new home for the next two years. The thought of being a student again is kind of scary as well!

hook said...

Sarah will, hopefully, be sharing here what's happening in her life from time to time. You can read her blog at: http://www.aukake.blogspot.com. I'll put a permanent link on the main page of the blog later.