Welcome.

Welcome to everyone reading through the New Testament in 2007. Each day, there will be a new post for the day's reading. You are invited to share your thoughts about what you've read, by adding comments to that post.

If you'd like a PDF version of the Introduction/Outline to Revelation, click here.


Wednesday, August 01, 2007

What did the Spirit teach you today? 1 Corinthians 2.

And we speak about these things, not with words taught us by human wisdom, but with those taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual things to spiritual people. The unbeliever does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him.The one who is spiritual discerns all things, yet he himself is understood by no one. For who has known the mind of the Lord, so as to advise him? But we have the mind of Christ. (1 Corinthians 2:13-16 NET)


Any questions?
.
.
.
.
.
.
OK, that was snarky. It was really self-directed snark. There are mornings when after reading our passage for the day, I think, do I have anything relevant to say beyond how God's Word has spoken? Since this is a blog, its ostensible purpose is to record and share some thoughts of the poster, me, or our guests. In that sense, anything I write has some meaning, in a bloggy sense. But my desire is also that what is written here each day, will be a shared experience that adds to your own reading -- by stimulating your thinking, by modeling different ways to approach Scripture, but mostly by walking down the road talking together (even if I'm doing most of the talking.) In my mind, I picture each one of you reading through the New Testament, spending some time during the day reading the same words from God I have. I see you praying before your reading and reflecting afterwards. I see you sometimes struggling to grasp what Paul has to say, sometimes touched so deeply you may cry, and sometimes whapped up the side of the head with something you really need to get straight. And I see us in conversation sharing what happened in your reading and reflecting. Maybe you have a question for me, or want to know what happened during my reading and reflection. It's this shared experience, as virtual as it is, that takes me to the internet sometime during the day to write something.

But this happens to be one of those days when I read what Paul had to say, and I thought, God's Spirit does the real work in illuminating Scripture. We all have the mind of Christ. Some of us haven't grown up yet, as we'll see tomorrow, but maybe today is a good day to just let the Spirit speak, and get out of the way.

So that's my less snarky way of saying, any questions?

Masters of Snark.





No comments: