Welcome.

Welcome to everyone reading through the New Testament in 2007. Each day, there will be a new post for the day's reading. You are invited to share your thoughts about what you've read, by adding comments to that post.

If you'd like a PDF version of the Introduction/Outline to Revelation, click here.


Friday, August 31, 2007

Hiatus. Over. (mostly)

Wrestling with HTML stuff. That was putting it mildly.

After 2+ days of intensive searching and testing on the web, I've figured out how to handle captioning of images, which is what I wanted to do with one of the posts.

But I also was looking for a solution to what I thought would be the simplest thing in the world -- a brain-dead simple way to share a document between several people with the ability to edit in Word, and re-store it in the shared location. With a couple of optional elements -- preventing more than one person from editing at a time; (optionally) requiring identification of the individual; and no onerous setup.

This latter capability is something I need to do, so I was forced to wrestle with searching for a solution. I still haven't settled on one.

The image thing was perseveration on my part, and a desire to better understand how CSS works -- a professional requirement.

The Big Whammy.
Needless to say, this occupied most of my time. But the big whammy was when a couple of projects came up in the midst of this - one paying, one volunteer. Both required writing, one required layout. And both were on deadline.

So I let the blog go. And the recap. But not the reading. Which is my suggestion to you. Don't let the reading go. God has a lot to say in these books of the New Testament, and sometimes it's not always easily understood. But don't stop reading.

In about a week, Clark will start a series on Ephesians. If you are in a Life Group you'll be studying with him. If not, you'll still see the study guides for the LGs in the bulletin each week. The last page is a Personal Study that everyone can do. I encourage you to do it. And keep up with the 5x5x5. Don't let the reading go. Even when you're on hiatus.

And now I'll use my newfound CSS skills to put up a mostly visual, really cool post on 2 Corinthians.

All posts for the last few days will be back-dated to the correct day, so you can match them to the day's reading. Have some fun catching up. I know I will.

No comments: