Welcome.

Welcome to everyone reading through the New Testament in 2007. Each day, there will be a new post for the day's reading. You are invited to share your thoughts about what you've read, by adding comments to that post.

If you'd like a PDF version of the Introduction/Outline to Revelation, click here.


Friday, August 10, 2007

Rocky, the Apostle. 1 Corinthians 9.

"Am I not free? Am I not an apostle?" - Paul

"Who's got the right to tell you that, who? Nobody! It's your[my] right to listen to your gut, it ain't nobody's right to say no after you earned the right to be where you want to be and do what you want to do!" - Rocky Balboa

***

"So run to win. ... exercise self-control in everything." - Paul

"Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed. And if I can go that distance, ya see, and that bell rings, ya know, and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, ya see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood." - Rocky Balboa

***

"So I do not run uncertainly or box like one who hits only air. Instead I subdue my body and make it my slave ..." - Paul

"You, me or nobody is going to hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much can you take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" - Rocky Balboa

Disciple = Disciplined.



No comments: